Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Weather: Our "6 inches of snow" in TX panhandle, 1 by TamaraFaye

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright TamaraFaye

Subject: Our "6 inches of snow" in TX panhandle

Forum: Weather

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Our "6 inches of snow" in TX panhandle
TamaraFaye wrote:
Last night ALL the weathermen said it would snow, through the night, into the day, and on for a day or two. Accumulation minimum, 6 inches. I was up till 2 AM starting seeds, and never saw a flake.

This morning, my youngest got all excited when he looked out the window (he always does that as SOON as he is out of bed). So I took a picture of the closest thing to six inches I could find. It is now completely melted, but before I got online, I went outside, and it was very overcast, with flurries struggling. I mean, this little snowflakes were so "isolated", they were seeking out each other, and fallin gin clusters as big as one inch diameter.

Pretty funny to have almost nothing falling out of the sky, then suddenly a tiny fluff of a snowball drifting down. Wish I could have gotten that picture, but my camera was full, so you will just have to believe me. SInce I am not a native Texan I am somewhat less prone to exagerrating these things LOL.

Come to think of it, maybe before I post this, I should go take another look, and maybe another picture... Well, it is slightly below 40 Degrees F, light nippy breeze out of the NE, high relative humidity, moderately overcast, and the concrete porch is barely damp over 50%+ of the surface area.

Sounds like I should get off the computer and get some work done outside, cus it AIN'T GONNA SNOW...

Here is 6 inches of snow, measured by sq ft. Covered in fluffy snowballs.