Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Annuals: Datura Heavenly, 1 by

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright

In reply to: Datura Heavenly

Forum: Annuals

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Datura Heavenly
wrote:

The picture is of D. meteloides 'Heavenly Blue', but it does not exist anymore. It was one of my hybrids from my research into Datura species in Sorø. The blue hue made the white in the flower look like shining porcelain LOL

I have one that looks similar to that on the photo, Rogers, but it is of the species D. wrightii, that has a much bigger and broader flower. I recieved the seed sample kindly long time ago from Laurrie. It has more blue in it, than usual, but is paler, that 'Heavenly Blue'. However, the wrightii is not a hybrid, but a species, so there is a good chance, that it will come true from seeds. I think, that I have cataloged it as DATU-101 or DATU-135.

I cross my fingers, that the Datura on the photo from the http://www. also come true from seeds. It is truely beautiful. If it is a species or a eco-variety from a closed population, the seedlings should develop the same bluish color. After all, they take from 3-4 months to flower and that is a long time to spend, if it turns out not to develop the true color.