Accessible Gardening: Yea!!!, 1 by luckpup

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright luckpup

In reply to: Yea!!!

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Yea!!!
luckpup wrote:
I wasn't huffy just courious. The only pain med I can take besides buffered asprin is Ultram. I can take as many as six of those a day, two at a time. I also take Neurontin, Robaxin, Zanaflex, and Mobic. The Mobic was added recently, but I think I'm gona have to give it up. It's starting to bother my tummy.
I know what you mean by shrinking. I used to be 5'11" and now I'm 5'9". There are good things and bad things about that. Good is I can wear regular length pants and I don't have to look down at so many men. lol They really resent when you look down at them. lol The bad part is it makes me look fatter. Boo Hoo
My biggest problem lately is my right hand. Sometimes the knuckles go out of joint and it really hurts and I can't completely close it. Sometimes I can't even touch the palm with the tips of my fingers. It makes me drop a lot of stuff. And I'm so right handed. It also makes it hard on me after doing very much like mowing and digging. If I sound like a pitty party, I don't mean to be. I'm just tellin ya'll what's up with me.
I'm just dying to get outside and get stuff planted. Not looking forward to the clean up part. My youngest son is supposed to come over and help me prune trees and shrubs. That's gona hurt with all the using of hand tools, but it's gotta be done. My second oldest son is moving and I got to go to his house and dig up a bunch of plants. Mostly bulbs and tons of Oxalis and Agave's. So there are a whole van full of plants to deal with. Plus I bought five rose bushes. I'm hoping to talk the youngest into digging holes for them. lol Wish me luck for that.
I was very lucky last week. My oldest son bought me a cart with wheels year before last and it had two flat tires. He came over to vist and took it to the gas station and aired them up for me. Do ya'll have kids to help you too?