Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Another one of my Crazy Concoctions! Part #2, 1 by Kim_M

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Kim_M

In reply to: Another one of my Crazy Concoctions! Part #2

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Another one of my Crazy Concoctions! Part #2
Kim_M wrote:
Day 3 of Marigolds

I see a lot of questions about "How to start seeds" lately. I mean no harm to anyone by saying this..But all seeds will germinate (eventually). Just put a concoction on them if they give you a hard time! Play around with a few and see what works. Most seeds I can look at and tell how to germinate it. If it has a hard coat, then I nick it. If it's cold hardy then I freeze it. If it's super hard then I nick and soak, I've been known to file them with nail files, clip with toenail clippers, even use a hammer! I germinate some in water..Like my Canna seeds. I have yet to germinate an Akebia seed...Ohhhh but when I find the right concoction I'll let ya know. LMBO ha ha ha Now don't get me wrong..Some seeds are a pain and I get mad and pitch them all. But eventually I try again. I even get mad with some of my seedlings, if they don't look the way I want..I give them to the trash. Well enough of my babbling..ha ha ha. Gonna go see what I can concoct for tomorrow :-D I have some Erythrina I'm gonna try to make germinate.