Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: Is my cyclamen sick, or just wierd?, 1 by ceallachg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ceallachg

Subject: Is my cyclamen sick, or just wierd?

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Is my cyclamen sick, or just wierd?
ceallachg wrote:
My cyclamen developed light yellow spots around the perimeter of some of the leaves, and some of the leaves looked almost bruised underneath--there were several purplish areas. I never noticed any slimy substance, dark areas, bugs, cotton- or web-looking things. Some of the leaves started to curl a bit more, and a couple of the flowers also started to have areas that were wrinkled. The new ones are the same--some are affected, but most aren't.

So, thinking it might have cyclamen mites, I banished my cyclamen to the basement, where it gets no light, and I haven't watered it in two weeks. One of the new flowers is wrinkled, and the leaves still look the same (just more brown along the edges), but it's still big, strong, and flowering like crazy.

So.... do you think it's cyclamen mites, or am I seeing natural variations and thinking the worst? Here are some photos, first of a flower:

Kelly