Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Specialty Gardening: bonsai addiction, 1 by bseddon

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bseddon

Subject: bonsai addiction

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of bonsai addiction
bseddon wrote:
It's great to see so many non professionals enjoying bonsai..... I am addicted!!! I have over 50. some tropical, some semi and some cold weather ones. I have killed a few but have a reasonably high success rate. This one I won in a raffle for #2 about 7-8 years ago. It is a seju elm and it spends the winter indoors. This photo was taken in 1999. It is a magnificent plant. I have a scheffelera that was a good sized tree that is now in a bonsai pot about 12 inches wide. The root system in fantastic. Took me 5 or so years to 'shrink' it. The only trouble with bonsai is that it makes taking a vacation difficult. My kids are all grown and now I have to hire a plant sitter!!! I have also gotten brave enough to leave hardier plants out until around the first of the year and then put them in the hatchway until Feb or March when I bring them into the 55 degree lighted room in my cellar

PS Just took a good look at the attached photo...Will take a new one soon. This doesn't do the plant any justice!!!

This message was edited Feb 14, 2005 10:53 PM