Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: How do you feel about house sparrows and starlings?, 1 by se_eds

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright se_eds

In reply to: How do you feel about house sparrows and starlings?

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How do you feel about house sparrows and starlings?
se_eds wrote:
laurief, that is why I don't mind feeding the sparrows. They HAVE taken over the bluebird boxes we put up. But I know there is a whole field of bluebird boxes ( with bluebirds) not 2 miles from here at the Ned Smith Art and Wildlife Center.

I have observed these little sparrows - and I have all kinds, scratching and eating bugs, bugs bugs, up one row and down another in the garden. I don't like to use chemicals on food I eat, so I put out food for them during the winter and am tickled pink if I get some other beautiful birds to watch.

The wild birds ( pretty ones) have left the feeders for the fields today as it was warm and sunny. The only guy around was the "watchdog" up in the top of the tree.
American Crow, is one of a set of three. They are large and fight off hawks who try to steal dead stuff on the highway from them.