Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Clematis: trumpet vine that grows and grows but never flowers, 1 by doss

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright doss

In reply to: trumpet vine that grows and grows but never flowers

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of trumpet vine that grows and grows but never flowers
doss wrote:
Thanks for the links. My passion flower is very simple - no purple center. Yours is amazing.

We had to redo our 30 year old swimming pool and all the surround, replace the retaining walls, put in a new irrigation system and put in new drainage - we are at the bottom of a hill. Our fence was also 50 years old and had to be replaced - so we did the whole think at the same time. Luckily, I have a lot of large trees and shrubs that could stay. But this picture was taken in July - about 9 months after the garden was put in. The pool was also there but the stone work is new. There is a Japanese Wisteria on the fence to the left of the picture - It's white, and a pink one on this side of the orange tree (you can't see it). I have a clematis Armandii (sp?) across the beam of the porch where this picture was taken. It should bloom some this year but has not made it all the way across the porch. There is a clematis on the structure up on the high part of the garden. I've planted several more clematis - but they have been struggling. I bought them too little from the wrong vendor. The last four were from Chalk Hill Clematis and are really lovely - they went in this fall and roses have been planted with them this spring. I have fallen in love with Clematis.