Greenhouse: We are getting close, 1 by shelley1962

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shelley1962

In reply to: We are getting close

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of We are getting close
shelley1962 wrote:
IT'S DONE - IT'S DONE - IT'S DONE (almost)

First, I want everyone to know that I have THE BEST husband in the world!!! He has spent a lot of his "free" time getting the GH up and wired, many times getting frustrated but always hanging in there. If it were not for him, this dream would not have come true.

The only construction step remaining is to get the floor raked out (again) and lay the floor fabric. I'll work on that this week after coming home from my "real" job.

In addition, the LP company has to come out and set the propane tank. Sweetie is going to schedule that this week. The furnace is already wired and plumbed so it ought to just be a matter of hooking it up.

And on that note...neither of us can believe how warm it stays with just two layers of plastic and a wood burner. We are going to do some more detailed studies but I can tell you that the temp here has hovered around zero F on a few nights and with the wood burner we haven't seen any temps inside below 34 deg. Although we wouln't atempt to grow without the propane (wood is too unreliable) the wood stove will cut our heating costs considerably. And I'll burn a few calories cutting and stacking it :)

Well, going to work on the grow lights in the basement. I'll post a few additional pictures...