Clematis: Moving Clematis?, 1 by texasgarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright texasgarden

In reply to: Moving Clematis?

Forum: Clematis

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Moving Clematis?
texasgarden wrote:
Oh, that may sound a bit misleading. I just have 3 of those trellis you can buy at Lowes. I got them on clearance for like $8 each- the iron kind. I bought 6 clematis and planted 2 at the base of each trellis in my backyard flower beds. They get part shade since I have a HUGE southern magnolia and 2 large live oaks in the back yard. The south side of my back yard on the side of the house has no shade at all. It was just a big open area with grass. So I dug out the grass along the peremiter of the fence and made it more of a garden. That is where I have the roses now and where I want to move the clematis. I will attach a picture of it real quick so you can see the area- I think the fence may be cut out of the picture, but it's there just to the right. The sidewalk is just beyond that. The part of the fence that is facing you (where my dog is standing) is where I dug out the grass in a big half circle and planted a bunch of stuff I am excited to see. We started with an overgrown nasty mess at this 80+ year old house and I think I've come a long way! It will be 3 years in June, but I didn't get to start on the landscaping until April 2003.