Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Striving for a MidWestern version of Doss' Eden, 1 by doss

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright doss

In reply to: Striving for a MidWestern version of Doss' Eden

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Striving for a MidWestern version of Doss' Eden
doss wrote:
I just knew you had a zillion acres. I love what you've done with the big pre-form. Are those logs? Since you have a zillion acres, I think that you are right and pushing out the planting areas from the edge of the house a LOT would be really fun. You are so good at laying out areas, I'm not sure why you constrained yourself here. An earlier project? Anyway I have some narrow paths too, but they are all at least three feet wide. The photo with the granite fountain is right outside my bedroom door. But here is a constrained path that I'm going to have to do something about. The Japanese Maple at the left (which was supposed to stay 8') needs to be moved and I need to put something else up there. You can get yourself in trouble keeping things too scrunched. And these planters are pretty wide. It has some smaller azaleas, some oak leaf ferns, astilbe, a miniature pine and some Ajuga, along with some pansies. (now that's something that's really fun - and you can do evergreens in your neck of the woods!).

I can't wait to get back to this, I'm jealous!!!!!!!!