Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Striving for a MidWestern version of Doss' Eden, 1 by Equilibrium

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Equilibrium

In reply to: Striving for a MidWestern version of Doss' Eden

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Striving for a MidWestern version of Doss' Eden
Equilibrium wrote:
Oops, photo to secret shade garden that's not so secret anymore was missing. Here it is. No, here it isn't as the prompt says it is not in j-peg format yet it is. Odd. Too bad as it was sort of funny.

Well, moving on while I try to figure out how to post the secret garden photo. Here is another problem area that was cleared of bush honeysuckle and buckthorn. It is now full sun also. I don't have any current photos but this area has now been cleared and excavated for a 3,000+ gallon acid bog. It will come around sooner or later. I will need to determine what to plant around the bog and this is the area where I would like to add that bronze bird figurine I posted a link to in another thread. I am slightly ahead of myself as I now have a huge hole that is about 14x24x2 and the liner hasn't even been delivered yet. I did select the iris I want for in this area but will need a ton of other filler plants around the bog.

We trenched down to the "hole" and have all the water from the sump pump set to empty into the bog. This was a major feat. All is ready to go after the liner gets delivered and set in sand. Then the truck comes with more sand and bales of sphagnum peat moss. The bog will look ok in about 2 years.