Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Anyone started winter sowing yet?, 1 by texasgarden

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright texasgarden

In reply to: Anyone started winter sowing yet?

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Anyone started winter sowing yet?
texasgarden wrote:
Thanks berry- it was odd. We moved into this house in June 2002 and it was just like a jungle. It's an 80+ year old house and I think it was about that long since the yard was attended to! Anyway, fall of 2002 there was nothing (that I saw anyway). April 2003 we had a landscaper come help us clear out a bunch of stuff and do our "demolition" phase. Fall 2003 I had one small clump come up, then a whole bunch of flowers. Just the one, and I didn't plant it. You can kind of see in the picture that it even came up through TWO layers of weed mat. This fall there are 5 clumps all in a row and not one bloomed. Hmmmm. I will leave them alone though. They grew in a good place- right in a row down the front edge of my flower bed up against the sidewalk path. Here is a picture of it when it bloomed.

Shirley- my containers are in a part sun area behind my oleander and just in front of the privacy fence. I put holes in the bottom of the containers, put the whole container in a plastic grocery bag and tied it off, then slit holes in the top. I also ripped the part of the bag covering the bottom of the containers so water wouldn't sit in the bag and go back into the containers. I hope that works out for me. :)