Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Irises: Are Iris Invading your Garden?, 1 by John_Benoot

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright John_Benoot

In reply to: Are Iris Invading your Garden?

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Are Iris Invading your Garden?
John_Benoot wrote:
I must have other and better pics from it somewhere, when i find them i'll post one.
Don't no if it's a tall bearded but it's 36-38 inches tall definited. So it's not a Minature! I am a little bit in shame to admit that i don't no between a tall bearded
I am still looking for a good book about iris, in Dutch is noting to find. So end up with a couple (english books) or titles:
Magic of Irises by Barbara Perry Lawton; The Gardener's Guide to Growing Irises By Geoff Stebbings; The Gardener's Iris Book by William Shear.

I looking for something 'educatief encyclopedia like' For daylilies i bought : The Color Encyclopedia of Daylilies by Ted L. Petit, John P. Peat.
Ain't there something like that for Irises? Maybe between the titles i put? Does someone got one of these books?

I had daylilies for years, only the last 3 years i'm really inside of them. Now the same is getting over me with irises.
Now i must say that i always admired them en could be enjoyed looking at there shape and color. But i dont now where the pollen (stamens) sit's and where the pistil is, i just never concentrated on that! I looking for a'n image or drawing like the one i posted in this reply, than about irisses instead of a daylily.
I'll almost can start a threat about all the things a wanna know. I someone willing to give me a quick course"how make a exeptional hydridizer out of a dummy"LOL
I am so a shamed, really!