Wildlife: Got one in!, 1 by jody

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jody

In reply to: Got one in!

Forum: Wildlife

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Got one in!
jody wrote:
I don't think you need to worry about scaring them off. I stand right under the tree and talk to them. The tree is only a couple of feet from my greenhouse, out in the open. They don't even usually acknowledge me.

They love to sit in the hole in the box and watch everything going on but not much seems to phase them at all. (If you look real close at the pics you can actually see their little feet, they really are quite small.)

I searched the house high and low today looking for some of my pics. And couldn't find any. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some in the boxes that are still packed. I used to have a couple years worth in my journal, 2000 forward but I deleted them last year. :( I did print them out before deleting them though, but they are only thumbnail size. I'll see if I can get the pages scanned in at the least. I really want you to see one of the night shots. His eyes look soooo huge and bright as headlights!

I don't have any pics of them together. The only time I see them together is at dusk and it's almost dark. It's hard to get a good pic, and they don't stay around too long. He joins her at the tree, they greet and take off for the night.

One morning when I looked out I saw that they brought dinner home ;)

Fortunately I had posted this pic in the hosta forum last year so I was able to retrieve it :)