Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Canadian Gardening: Canadian Roundup part 3 /29 Nov/2004, 1 by OldFlowerGirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright OldFlowerGirl

In reply to: Canadian Roundup part 3 /29 Nov/2004

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Canadian Roundup part 3 /29 Nov/2004
OldFlowerGirl wrote:
Hi Sandy,

There are lots of options for a small backyard garden such as you'd have in a townhouse. I have been in your position as well. Container gardening would work well for you. I am sure you have checked out that forum here at DG. You can get small pond set-ups as well. I have seen some gorgeous 100-150 gal ponds. If you've got the will, you'll have a wonderful garden where ever you are. Good Luck with it!

The weather here has gradually gotten cooler over the past couple weeks. We have had a gorgeous fall so far. The snow we've gotten on a couple occasions has melted in a matter of hours. The temperatures in the my area stay pretty close to Zero all winter with lows from -5 to -7 in the coldest months. So far, The coldest we've had is -4. I love the weather here, after living in Edmonton, AB, this is heaven! Gets a little hotter than I am used to in the summer (I know you know all about that in Abbottsford) we get temps similar to the Okanagan. I love that the winters are that much shorter here which makes for more enjoyable time in the Garden! :D

Nice chatting with you Sandy. Have a great day.