Canadian Gardening: Smokers, 1 by OldFlowerGirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright OldFlowerGirl

In reply to: Smokers

Forum: Canadian Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Smokers
OldFlowerGirl wrote:
I don't! Quit last spring...for good. Alleluhia!! I am so happy that I made it. The whole story is quite disgusting actually. I smoked when I was quite young (18) until I was 30. At that point, I had two kids under 5 years of age and a husband that had never smoked. I really don't know how he stood it all those years!! Anyway, I quit....cold turkey! It wasn't that difficult, I remember. No big deal! I went for 15 years without smoking unti I met my second and last husband, who smoked like a steam engine and had done so for 30 years. Oh, it began innocently enough,...started lighting them for him, then had the odd puff, after a couple weeks, one...and then...well. :(

Anyway, I am ashamed to say I smoked for 10 years, again!! I know, I know..I was crazy! Anyway, finally, both of us, quit ( and this time it's forever) last Spring. For my husand, it was a major accomplishment, nearly miracle. His family couldn't believe he could ever quit after 40 years. Neither did he! But he did and so did I. Whoo Hoo!! That's my story.