Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Propagation Methods, 1 by 8ftbed

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 8ftbed

In reply to: Propagation Methods

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Propagation Methods
8ftbed wrote:
Lake Michigan is definitely a large pond. :) We've been unseasonably warm all week. It was still 60 this morning, gray and humid. Normal highs this time of the year are mid 40's and usually dry. It's supposed to start raining tonight and through Sat then thems get seasonal. So... being on topic, I decided to take cuttings off my Lavendar Lassie roses tonight or in the morning and try starting them in the basement. On a lark, I did that this spring when I cut them back and got 2 new ones out of it. I like showing up to the club garden swaps with uncommon stuff. Seems most people show up with the same stuff because it multiplies or self seeds so readily - coneflower, lily of the nile, ground covers up the wazoo, dollar-a-dozen hosta, mint and anything related, ditch lillies.... ya know?

But I get some good trades when I offer stuff for hot side swaps. It's funny because there ends up a separate gathering on the road at my tailgate.
Here's a shot of the summer plant swap I hosted 7/2003