Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Irises: Companion plants for iris?, 1 by DreamOfSpring

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DreamOfSpring

In reply to: Companion plants for iris?

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Companion plants for iris?
DreamOfSpring wrote:
Sincere thanks for all the kind words!

I've only ordered a few things from Spring Hill, but have never had a problem. I got the most incredibly large and healthy iris from both Schreiner's and Leota's. One of them may have these as well.

As for posting sooner, I only recognized the awesome benefits of this site a few weeks ago. I saw this thread last week, but it took me this long to get the courage to reply. But now that you "guys" have made me feel so welcome, that wont' happen again. Sorry, calliecam, that you have to wait so long to order.

I am pleased with the color combo, but honestly, it was a happy accident. I planted the verbena under my roses. Since I'm trying for that cottage garden effect, the iris just happened to be nearby. Even then, it was not until I saw the photos, that I realized how much I liked the blue/purple combo. (Oh, and BTW, it was only after the iris were long gone that i realized I had been taking pictures by using "zoom" with distance lens instead of using the macro lens which would have made much better pics. duh. Now that I've learned to use the camera correctly I have to wait a year to get another shot at the iris.)

I know this thread is about iris, but I'd like to show you the effect with the roses, too.