Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Shade Gardening: What can I plant to control erosion??, 1 by doss

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright doss

In reply to: What can I plant to control erosion??

Forum: Shade Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What can I plant to control erosion??
doss wrote:
I am so sorry about your poison Ivy. Chiggers and Ticks don't sound so good either. I live two blocks from the "Alameda des las Pulgas" or Avenue of the Fleas. The spaniards named it that when the missionaries came. Well, thank goodness for the new dog flea medicine! Again, dark hole plants: Here is Hosta, Heuchera (I have it in several colors), ferns, different grasses, Princess flower, Mondo Grass, Yesterday, Today and tomorrow, Ligularia, (spotted leopard plant - probably too tender for your area) Begonias - again - . The mondo and Ajuga will really help with erosion control. Another plant, not in this picture is creeping mint. It is moss sized and will not take over like regular mint although it sounds like that wouldn't be such a bad thing for you. It is very tight and will jump paths. Plant it in a rainy season to get it established, then add some really fun things. Blackberry's are another invasive plant here that might be helpful. And Yum! They love the shade. I still vote for narcissus planted tightly. Another great shade plant is Lenten Rose. Again, I don't know if it's too cold for it there.