Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Propagation: Storing and Organization Seeds, 1 by Weezingreens

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Weezingreens

In reply to: Storing and Organization Seeds

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Storing and Organization Seeds
Weezingreens wrote:
Ceeades is far more organized than I. She has a cozy little house so every square inch is filled with something interesting. The windows are filled with colored glass she has collected, plants that are growing, herbs that are drying, etc. She raises geese and chickens. She grows trees from seeds. She winter sows in her greenhouse and has lots of nice surprises in the spring. She grows wonderful garden veggies and takes advantage of all the warm sun she has down at her place.

She goes hunting every fall, and berry picking when they are ripe. When I grow new plants from seed, I always give some of the seedlings to her, because I know she will make them grow and she will collect lots of viable seed for me. She makes her own compost, using the sawdust bedding and chicken manure as a base. It is wonderful stuff!

She's been making tufa troughs the last couple of years, and she collects lots of interesting little alpines to put in them. She mostly container gardens, and she keep most of her pots up on her porch where they get good sun... lots of aromatic herbs, bright flowers, and those unusual troughs. She also has more wheelbarrows than anybody I know. She's a wonder! And here she is on the porch!