Irises: Still in shock!!!!!, 1 by cici77

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cici77

Subject: Still in shock!!!!!

Forum: Irises

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Still in shock!!!!!
cici77 wrote:
hi everyone, u would not believe my luck in the past week!!!!!!!! a friend of ours has a HUUUUGE iris farm, and told me that the next time they thin their irises out , they would keep me in mind, well they did just that!!!! i went over on saturday expecting one of a few varietys... instead they gave me anywere from 10 to 30 of each variety , 32 varietys making a total of 450 Intermediate Irises... i was sooo shocked... they said they had a bunch of other irises (dwarf, TB, ect.) but didnt want to overload me so would get those to me when i planted the others.. well i planted 350 of the 450, and had to go back over to their place while my hubby fixed a few things in their bathroom, and again , she dug me up MORE irises... she dug me up a bunch of varieties of Arilbred irises.... prob about 10 to 15 different kinds, and about 7 or 8 kinds of i think she called them MBI's , we went back the next day for him to finish and she dug me up EVEN MORE irises.. 8 to 9 different kinds of Dwarf Irises... and when she digs them up she digs up CLUMPS... HUGE CLUMPS!!!! i am doing such a happy dance i still cant believe it!!! she also dug me up some mini daylilies.. something elf , little yellow ones... and another daylily that i cant seem to put my finger on.. i dont have the bags infront of me.. i know some of the names of the Intermediates....here are some of them off the top of my head...

Blue Eyed Blond
His
Hers
Hellcat
Harlow Gold
Az-Ap
Nice and Nifty
Pink Kitten
Logo
Lemon or yellow Pop
Baby Blue Marine
Triplet
Good and True
Cee Jay
Basso
Dark Waters
John
Cool?
Fantasy World
Hubbub
Shampoo
Bold Print
Cum Laude
Sonals Selah
Sterling Mistress
Valient Warrior
Can Do
Maiden head or lane ?
Golden muffin
Kermit
? Fakers Fire
i think those are from the first batch she gave me...
i will have to look at the others to see the names on those.. i just cant believe how generous they were... she said once she devides some of her talls and her historicals she will call me over to come pic up what she held aside for me!!!! here is a pic of my irises i moved and infront of them is the 350 i already planted of hers...I will be sure to share just as they had done when it comes to divide them myself... (:
Chrissy