Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

General Discussion & Chat: Best/Worse/What did I learn today? Come sit a spell, enjoy chatting, newcomers always Welcome!!, 1 by Tallulah_B

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Tallulah_B

In reply to: Best/Worse/What did I learn today? Come sit a spell, enjoy chatting, newcomers always Welcome!!

Forum: General Discussion & Chat

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Best/Worse/What did I learn today? Come sit a spell, enjoy chatting, newcomers always Welcome!!
Tallulah_B wrote:
I would definitely do another Round Robin, with perhaps my God\'s Eye as the centre,
I\'d be more than happy to start off, whichever. What we did in the \"center\" quilt was to decide on a size for the center, then specific sizes for each border.
Betty - yours is the outside border on the Peacock.

Here\'s what we did for the Round Robin in 2016
Round Robin Instructions

Here\'s the order of who adds what size round to each of the centers:
My center = God\'s Eye
I would send to person 1 who adds a 2\" border
Person 1 would send to person 2 who adds a 3\" border
Person 2 would send to person 3 who adds a 4\" border
Person 3 would send to person 4 who adds a 5\" border.

As you finish a round, the next person on the list will always be consistent; you\'ll be sending each quilt to the same person. So by the time you finally get to the last round, you\'ll have worked on the quilt that belongs to the person you\'ve sent to all along.
Each round can be appliquéd, pieced, plain fabric or embroidered if you wish. It\'s up to you to decide what you can do and what you think goes well with the center.

When we did it, there was a total of 5 people.
What do you think of this idea?