Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

General Discussion & Chat: Best/Worse/Whatdid I learn today? visit with friend and newcomers always welcome!, 1 by melody

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright melody

In reply to: Best/Worse/Whatdid I learn today? visit with friend and newcomers always welcome!

Forum: General Discussion & Chat

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Best/Worse/Whatdid I learn today? visit with friend and newcomers always welcome!
melody wrote:
To answer the sewing question, yes, I do. I have 2 spare bedrooms devoted to fabric, machines and tools. I spend more on sewing than I do on plants. I just added my 10th sewing machine to the \'herd\'. I couldn\'t pass up a pristine Babylock Ensante at an estate auction, even though I have a Janome that while older, does pretty much the same stuff. I also have 2 Featherweights, a Singer Centennial 15-91 and several other older all-metal machines. Most of the feet and attachments of the Babylock were still wrapped in the factory plastic and there wasn\'t a speck of lint anywhere. (I took it apart to see the guts before I placed a bid)The throat is bigger and I can fit a bigger quilt under it to quilt. I use a walking foot and don\'t send anything out to the longarmer. Mom was an award-winning hand quilter. Her work was exquisite and she volunteered at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah until her health prevented her from doing so. I never miss the Quilt Show and one of my best friends and I always make at least one day of it, We\'ve known each other since we rode the school bus together in 1st grade.