Communities > Forums

Image Copyright hollow

Subject: Ficus Mystique, a stunning white plant

Forum: General Discussion & Chat

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Ficus Mystique, a stunning white plant
hollow wrote:
Hi Everyone!

I’m having trouble figuring out how to start a new post but wanted to share a photo of something, sorry if this is the wrong place.

I visited one of my favorite plant nurseries yesterday, they were holding me a rooted stem off their ficus tree. They said it’s a Ficus Mystique, it’s absolutely stunning, the leaves are almost all white. I couldn’t find it on the DG site, I did find another one called ficus Benjamin Starlight, but it doesn’t have as much white on it. I didn’t bring home the small rooted stem, they had several of them, the take cuttings from the mother plant, root them & sell them every year. Unfortunately, they were all infested with scale, so they are going to treat them first.

I also searched on the internet for information on the Mystique Ficus but was unable to find much, if anyone’s familiar with this plant and could share some information on it, that would be helpful.

I had read somewhere on the internet that ficus leaves are usually always green & when they’re are variegations in color like white, it’s because they had some type of virus before. Does anyone know anything about this?
Thanks All
Forest