Photo by Melody

Plant Identification: CLOSED: CLOSED: Orange Hanging Flower Clusters in Eden Project, 1 by ZilyZily

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ZilyZily

In reply to: CLOSED: CLOSED: Orange Hanging Flower Clusters in Eden Project

Forum: Plant Identification

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of CLOSED: CLOSED: Orange Hanging Flower Clusters in Eden Project
ZilyZily wrote:
Yes, I have seen a couple that are very similar.

Years ago I was trying to ID a similar one and it led me to an expert in the UK who IDed the species for me. I wish I could remember which 1 it was.

People also cross them to get unique ones so you can have quite a few similarly looking ones that are not quite the same. There is a guy who has hybridized some really nice ones who is associated with University of California at Santa Cruz Arboretum & Botanic Garden. I follow him on Facebook and so enjoy his endeavors.

I did google Bomarea in Mediterranean biome at the Eden project too but to no avail.

Years ago my husband parked on a side street in San Francisco on our way for lobster rolls at a restaurant and as I got out of the car I saw the most delightful 1 going up the side rails of the steps to a house. Later on I discovered the house belonged to the resident expert and grower of Lapageria at University of California Botanical Garden at Berkeley, whom I knew. LOL Small world!