Photo by Melody

Garden Pests and Diseases: tomato leaf problem identification, 1 by robertbparker81

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright robertbparker81

Subject: tomato leaf problem identification

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of tomato leaf problem identification
robertbparker81 wrote:
Hi. Can anyone tell me what this is on my tomato leaves? There was an aphid infestation on all my tomatoes, so I did an experiment where I sprayed some with a lot of neem oil, and some with a little bit of neem oil. The neem oil killed a lot of them, but I ended up just killing the rest with my fingers because it was easier.

So, the plant I sprayed the most is suddenly developing this brown rust-like growth on its leaves. It\'s also present on other tomato plants, but only on the very lowest leaves. This one plant has it all over very suddenly. It\'s been a lighter green than the other tomato plants since the beginning, but it grew enormous very fast so I kept it around. I\'ve also been experimenting with it keeping it in an area where it gets eleven hours of sun a day, along with two other plants, to see if it can tolerate the increased sunshine, though this is the only one to have such bright yellowish green leaves. I don\'t know what the brown spot is -- neem oil burn? Fungus? Virus? I haven\'t found anything online that quite looks like it. If it\'s neem oil burn, I don\'t want to throw it away. Thanks in advance.