Photo by Melody

Plant Identification: CLOSED: Anyone have a name for this Peperomia, 1 by ZilyZily

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ZilyZily

In reply to: CLOSED: Anyone have a name for this Peperomia

Forum: Plant Identification

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of CLOSED: Anyone have a name for this Peperomia
ZilyZily wrote:
I want you to know how much I loved searching this 1 for you. I LOVE peperomias. A lot! LOL I had a friend who lusted after these for years and she would show me her acquisitions. I really did not get the thrill till she showed me a pink one with pronounced ridges. SOLD! In my next life I am going to have everyone known to man. The only things seem they lack is height and fun colored flowers but with such incredibly diverse leaf coloring and textures who needs better flowers? They even have succulent ones!!

I looked at over 1000 photos. No luck though I became almost desperate to buy some of the more outrageously colored ones. I even found the reverse of yours, Peperomia Obtusifloria Lemon Lime.

So after searching for a few hours, albeit with me frequently getting sidetracked, I was about to give up. Then I thought to look at a few specialty online nurseries. I seem to have gone full circle as the only 1 found that is similar is actually tagged somewhat like yours; Peperomia distichia [scandens]. However, the entry is screwed up mixed with a pothos. http://www.glasshouseworks.com/peperomia-distichia-scandens-...

Yours is clearly better grown.