Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: Sedums in my Garden, 1 by Weezingreens

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Weezingreens

In reply to: Sedums in my Garden

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Sedums in my Garden
Weezingreens wrote:
Yes! I have the same problem with shady spots. My yard is ringed with an embankment on three sides. The embankment has lots of old-growth alders and elderberry. I like to leave all this because it affords privacy from the road and keeps the dust out. Consequently, each year, I have to go out and cut back the trees and shrubs to let in some light. Most of my yard only gets half day sun... fortunately, our days are pretty long!

I have been expanding my varieties of sedum by growing them from seed or trading for cuttings. Starting them from seed seems silly considering they root so easily, but I wanted to see if I could do it. So, now I have many flats of sedum I started from seed. If they survive winter, I'll be swimming in sedum! LOL!

This is a sedum that was sent to me. It was labeled 'pale sedum', but I think that was just a description. It grows much like Autumn Joy, but the stems are sturdier (it didn't flop). The flowers had not opened by fall, but suggested a light pink. I realize there are several types of S. spectibile. Perhaps it is like the one Blooms posted.