Propagation: Plant Propagation Discussions - July 2020, 2 by Gypsi

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Gypsi

In reply to: Plant Propagation Discussions - July 2020

Forum: Propagation

Back to post
Photo of Plant Propagation Discussions - July 2020
Gypsi wrote:
I can probably find Goji berry. The seeds you sent did not start, but I\'ll bet I can find a plant if that is an answer. I will look.

I have the cutest little granddaughter who is a born gardener. She came over here in February, (she turned 6 last week but with a september birthday she\'s only in kindergarten which is very boring. She can count to 100 and they are learning to count to 10)

Anyhow when she was here in February she took her honeycrisp apple seeds and planted them in a little pot and set it in my raised bed. And I\'ll be darned, 2 sprouted. so I have separated them into separate pots and left them in the front flower bed shady side so they get some sun and do get watered.

So I call today and she has some sprouted lemon seeds, and grandma how do I plant these, so I told her to plant in dirt, and I had to go back outside and clear more Indian Gooseweed with my shovel.

I call her when I come back in and she says, Grandma, I forgot, how do I plant my avocado seed? So I told her the toothpick and glass of water trick and she says ok thank you, love you bye bye, and she\'s off to get that avocado tree going.

The best part of having children is grandchildren. She\'s good with dogs too.