Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: SUCCULENT HELP, 1 by daniiellax

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright daniiellax

Subject: SUCCULENT HELP

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of SUCCULENT HELP
daniiellax wrote:
Hi! I\'m a beginner gardener with less than a years experience with succulents. I got this succulent less than 2 months ago now, and I\'ll be honest I have no idea what it is. In the 2 months I\'ve had it its continued to grow these long stems that are only getting bigger. However, a few weeks ago I started to notice a white cotton-like substance on the plant, which I found were mealybugs. Since then, I have found multiple bugs and attempted to treat the plant with 70% isopropryl alcohol twice now. I even doused the plant and soil in the solution. The bugs continue coming back, and the plant is experiencing some bad scarring now. With the plant growing so much, I want to see if there is a way I can save these long stems with these new plants growing at the tops. They are growing so so so much so fast and I dont want to see them affected by this! I loved this plant when I got it and I still think its beautiful I hate to see this happen. Please help!