Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Beginner Gardening: Problems Gardening With Pets, 1 by dedeeboru

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright dedeeboru

Subject: Problems Gardening With Pets

Forum: Beginner Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Problems Gardening With Pets
dedeeboru wrote:
Hi,
I\'m new to the forum. I have a townhome in VA with a small backyard I am not having success with. It\'s mostly patio, so that\'s not a problem. However, surrounding the patio are strips of yard I would like to be able to do something with.
The problem is mostly our dog.
He has eaten or peed to death everything I planted. Blueberries, osmanthus, lavender, rosemary, and others. All gone.
We\'ve converted the strip that borders the neighbor\'s fence and our patio to rocks as a pee area. And the end of that fenceline past the patio, that is dirt and some very dead blueberry bush remnants. It is going to be a tortoise fortress. I\'ll replant greens/weeds in there after it\'s been walled and we\'ve welded the roofing bits to keep the dog out.
2 strips are left and I don\'t want plain dirt. I\'d like to plant things that can withstand my plant-eating dog. But also, not poison him if he eats them (because at least tasting is a sure thing). These 2 strips about 4 ft wide get full to partial sun all day.