Perennials: spring 2019, 5 by Loretta_NJ

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Loretta_NJ

In reply to: spring 2019

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of spring 2019
Loretta_NJ wrote:
Wow, Keith! You've posted some beauties since I've been on here.I love the succulent frame and the fernleaf peony! Gorgeous! I saw a fernleaf for sale here last week at a special nursery. One size was a single leaf that looked like it was on the way out and they wanted $40 for it. The next size was a good size for $84.
Your trollius is incredible. What a bloom! I have a hard time with that plant. I have one survivor for the last three years -Orange Queen. I got two blooms on it this year in the middle of June. It is in a dry area but we had a lot of rain in the last two years.
The Lupines are great, the dicentra - everything you grow looks so healthy, full and balanced. Even your Silver Mound artemisia - that plant looks good for one or two years and then it's gone. I stopped buying it. Powis Castle will last longer but that one disappears eventually too and it is hard to find now.
2. One of my few lilies that survived the lily beetles, groundhogs and rabbits.I give up. I still have some but I'm not standing around all afternoon picking off Scarlet Lily Beetles anymore..
3. Japanese Iris - last iris for the season I guess.
4. Oakleaf hydrangea - Snowflake.
5. Oakleaf hydrangea - Snow Queen. Flowers don't last as long as Snowflake but I finally figured out what has been perfuming my yard every summer and they are a nectar source while Snowflake is neither. Still Snowflake's flowers last most of the season and while Snow Queen's flowers turn brown, Snowflake's flowers are shades of cream, green and pink.

This message was edited Jul 1, 2019 10:41 PM