Photo by Melody

Tropicals & Tender Perennials: Got a big idea for my dracaena. Was hoping to get some feedback and advice., 1 by thephoenix

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright thephoenix

Subject: Got a big idea for my dracaena. Was hoping to get some feedback and advice.

Forum: Tropicals & Tender Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Got a big idea for my dracaena. Was hoping to get some feedback and advice.
thephoenix wrote:
Hi everyone! I\'m pretty new here and somewhat new to the plant scene, but I\'m learning quickly. I hope this is the right subforum to post this in, but if it\'s not I\'m happy for it to be moved.

I got a couple Janet Craig Compacta dracaenas within the last couple of weeks. I hatched a plan for them last night that I think is gonna be really cool. I want to let them get to about 40-50cm/20-25\", top them, replant the cuttings next to them in a trough planter and when they get tall enough I\'d like to braid them.

However, I\'m not entirely sure how to go about this! The only thing I know of that\'s relevant to this task is bonsai wire, and given the lush, dense growth of the active parts of the dracaena it might be a bit difficult to form it. How would I go about doing this and what tools do I need?

Thanks in advance! :D