Propagation: Plant Propagation: the Basics, May 2018, 2 by WormsLovSharon

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright WormsLovSharon

In reply to: Plant Propagation: the Basics, May 2018

Forum: Propagation

Back to post
Photo of Plant Propagation: the Basics, May 2018
WormsLovSharon wrote:
Gypsi, Happy Mother\'s day to you. And Happy Mother;s day to all the mother\'s on this thread.

Debra, your garden looks good. Best wishes on the healthy return of your eye bleeding problem.

JU, has your area warmed up yet.

Keith, welcome back and have you warmed up yet. Our hockey team is in your neck of the woods. We lost tonight.

Gypsi, I have attached photos of the inside of my KOI pond filter. Filter guy, who is a relative, and my gardener worked on it today and I think they found the problem. I was supervising and with a little bit of kludging I think they fixed it. I actually came up with the kludge. Now has fresh sand and hopefully the pond will get back to normal.

Been a real pain for about 5 months and pool equipment companies would not touch it because of the live fish. Pond guys would not come because they did not work on \"commercial\" filters. So I had to wait for Nephew who worked along side my brother, until he graduated from college. Very knowledgeable but also has a full time job with the government and 3 kids and a very busy life. I am just thrilled it may be fixed because a new one is close to $1000. You can see the problem. One of the spindles broke off. Not only broke off, but disappeared. Two spindles were removed to clean and where the one was missing, they bought a plug and glued and then placed a screw to the plug to assure it would not let loose. Photo was taken after all the sand was removed and shop vac used to clean. These two needed a supervisor because men cannot do more than one thing at a time. And both of these guys proved that today. But I did pay them both well, so no complaints in the end.