Bulbs: 2017 Fall Bulbs, 3 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: 2017 Fall Bulbs

Forum: Bulbs

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of 2017 Fall Bulbs
DonnaMack wrote:
Because I belong to both The North American Lily Society and the Wisconsin/Illinois Regional Society and volunteer for both, I have gotten the most ridiculous bumper crop of lilies. Here is \'Eyeliner\', as an example. It blooms in partial shade. I got so many that I put them in pots. I probably received 20 in total, mostly as thank you gifts.

Because I am getting a bit maxed out, I ordered fewer bulbs, and ordered them all from Brent and Becky\'s Bulbs.

Tulip \"Nightclub\' which is a new, single late pink multiflowering. Single lates return well. And I love multiflowering tulips.

Tulip \'White Trumphinator\', a \'Yonina\' in my old garden. I love lilyflowering tulips.

Species tulip \'Turkestanica\' which is a species tulip. These little guys stay around forever. I don\'t even dig them up. I have had them in the ground for years, and they actually multiply. I decided to put them in more places. Very early.

And more of three alliums that I have grown before, but now have good ideas for additional placement.

Allium caerulium, which I have discovered, after growing it forever, that it is best in groups at the front of beds for a really cool see through effect, allium sphaeocephaleon, another bulb I discovered works really well at the front of beds, again, after growing it forever, and a cool discovery I made last year, allium carinitum pullchellum.

My next step is to trial bulbs that are good for shade, while avoiding the invasive ones, like english and spanish bluebells. I put in lots of shade tolerant viburnums, and several oak leaf hydrangeas, and I would love to syrround them with bulbs.