Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Zen_Man

In reply to: And so it begins...

Forum: Hybridizers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of And so it begins...
Zen_Man wrote:
Hi Martin,

So, are those pictures of the white one the pictures of your homemade interspecific hybrid? Do you expect it to produce fertile seed? \"Interspecific\" always raises the question of chromosome numbers and fertility, or the lack thereof.

It would be nice if we could view your pictures \"full size\". I notice that Dave\'s Garden seems to re-size your pictures to 708 pixels wide. That\'s not too bad for your first picture, which is a tall portrait format, but the other pictures aren\'t shown as well. The 708 pixel-wide resize seems to be a Dave\'s Garden standard practice. I get the impression that you uploaded pictures that were 800 pixels wide, and they got resized to the DG standard 708 pixels. My camera (Nikon D3200) takes pictures that are 6016 x 4000 pixels and I process, crop, and resize them to 1000 x 800 for internet display. When I upload a 1000-pixel wide photo here, it gets downsized to the \"standard\" 708 pixels wide. (I just uploaded a 1000-pixel sample) I could wish that Dave\'s Garden allowed the viewer to see the 1000-pixel wide version, because most computer monitors can show that easily (maybe not as much for \"smart phones\").

I much prefer the photo system that the National Gardening Association uses. NGA embeds a large square thumbnail or thumbnails in the message text, which can be clicked on to see the photo \"full size\". Their thumbnails are 248 x 248 pixels, as compared to the 100 x 100 pixels here.

ZM