Photo by Melody

Texas Gardening: Post your worst gardening mistake in Texa, 1 by tx_flower_child

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright tx_flower_child

In reply to: Post your worst gardening mistake in Texa

Forum: Texas Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Post your worst gardening mistake in Texa
tx_flower_child wrote:
Thought I'd give y'all an update on the state of the Purple Wintercreeper. I finally got all the 'shrubbery' removed. However, I haven't removed all of the roots. They don't want to die. Someone is coming over tomorrow to help me work on the roots. Will have to be careful not to damage any roots from the Magnolia or the Mahonias. Don't think they've crossed over to the other side (of the driveway) to reach my Oakleaf Hydrangea. I might end up pulling out the remaining mahonias but haven't decided yet. I still can't believe the roots of 'the evil one' went underneath the green metal barrier and choked some of the mahonias to death.

So here's a few pictures, assuming I can upload them. They show what the roots looked like after I did an 'off with their heads' on the shrubs. Finally got rid of what you'll see and it would be foolish to think that the roots are gone for good. That's why they are going to be attacked tomorrow. wish me luck!

This message was edited May 29, 2017 10:52 PM