Communities > Forums

Image Copyright oxdriftgardener

In reply to: Plant Propagation - the Basics, March 2017

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Plant Propagation - the Basics, March 2017
oxdriftgardener wrote:
Hi Ju and Evelyn
Thanks for your input. Ju, I was hoping you would jump in to my rescue as I have taken notice of your knowledge on this subject. I did scan through the pictures on Google for Emperor butterflies and didn\'t really find a match but as you said there are so many and they vary a lot. There are some gorgeous blues in there. And Evelyn I scanned through Mourning Cloak and don\'t really think that is the answer either.
About all I have concluded out of this is what I already knew before and that is that Google is not a very reliable source of accurate information. When I do a search of \"brown and orange butterfly\" and scan through all of the pictures there are many obviously moth pictures in the lineup and also when you do find a close match and click on it a lot of them aren\'t named. They will just be labeled as things like \"U.K. Butterflies\" or \"butterfly with orange and yellow wings\".

Well Robin I guess this \"off the wall\" topic has stirred up enough discussion for now. Glad you enjoyed it . I will pass on all the comments to Kira. Here she is with a crappie that she caught on the weekend fishing with her dad and Reece. It is currently in their freezer with discussions ongoing about having it mounted. Her dad says it\'s the biggest crappie he has ever seen. My daughter is having a fit. Not sure who is going to win that one!