Propagation: Plant Propagation - the Basics, March 2017, 1 by oxdriftgardener

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright oxdriftgardener

In reply to: Plant Propagation - the Basics, March 2017

Forum: Propagation

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Plant Propagation - the Basics, March 2017
oxdriftgardener wrote:
OK Robin, I think it was you that was silly enough to say you enjoyed my \"off the wall\" topics so here goes.
As you are aware I just came through a week of having up to all 4 of my young apprentices (grandchildren). Kira, the oldest ;age 10 , who is a lot like grandpa, a bit of an extremist in everything she does, left me with a very difficult challenge. I guess a very pretty butterfly for these parts picked my greenhouse to spend the winter in. Unfortunately with the heat now on it has woken up way too early. While she was here she was putting out feed for it; sections of clementine oranges and grapes sliced open to make the juice accessible. When she left she left me a detailed instruction sheet on how to take care of the butterfly. Does anyone know if this is the right way to feed a butterfly? Any other suggestions? Until this morning I thought I had failed already because I hadn\'t seen it since she left Saturday night. But this morning I was out there doing some seeding for a while and all of a sudden I heard it flying against the glass.