Perennials: spring 2017, 2 by birder17

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright birder17

In reply to: spring 2017

Forum: Perennials

Back to post
Photo of spring 2017
birder17 wrote:
My tulip k. 'Stressa' are just barely opening up. They will get prettier later on. I'm excited that there is some sort of tulip blooming at this time of year. Last year, my Fausteriana Emperor tulips were the first to bloom. This year, it's Tulipa kaufmanniana. Who knows? I so enjoy the very early flowers. I think I will plant more of the early tulips this fall.
My Pulsatila v. is just barely blooming also. I planted it last fall. I'm pleased it made it through the winter. I'm hoping it will make it through the hot humid summer. I have it in a lot of sun with plants giving it shade from the morning sun and it will receive shade from about 4 pm in the middle of the summer. It's in pretty good soil for about 12 inches, then poorer soil below that. If you have comments about its location, I am open for discussion and to moving it.

Here's some indoor forced tulips:
Tulip Triumph 'Apricot Foxx' & Tulip Single Early 'Purple Prince'

[I sincerely apologize for the sideways pictures. I'm still learning how to post pictures. It's a big hassle as of right now, but I'm hoping to improve. My pictures that aren't set as "landscape type" pictures all turn out sideways when I post them to Dave's Garden. The pictures that aren't "landscape type" post just fine. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or if it's Dave's Garden that is flipping the pictures or something in my computer. I'm posting these pictures from my phone. If someone could tell me what to do about this, I would greatly appreciate it.]

This message was edited Mar 6, 2017 2:36 PM