Photo by Melody

Voting Booth: How wouldyou rate your 2016 garden season?, 5 by brendak654

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright brendak654

In reply to: How wouldyou rate your 2016 garden season?

Forum: Voting Booth

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of How wouldyou rate your 2016 garden season?
brendak654 wrote:
My 2016 garden season was great. I'm still harvesting baby choy and a beautiful mix of leaf lettuce to share and enjoy eating. We still have tomatoes ripening on a window sill downstairs, so we will have fresh tomatoes into December. We had a bumper crop of sweet potatoes This was the first time I had harvested enough calendula blooms to make lotion/balm (which I love). Calendula plants are still enjoying the cool. I harvested a couple bushels of tuberose bulbs harvested and dried and in storage for next years garden. I even harvested a 5 gallon bucket of hickory nuts the other day. The Kiss-Me-Over-The Garden-Gate that I planted last year and expected to grow then, grew this year (totally new to me). I have harvested more zinnia seed and gave away more cut zinnia blooms than ever before - the zinnias were beautiful and didn't get frosted down until the night of November 9th. The 4 eggplant plants I planted mid summer produced until frost. My new 4-Row Perennial Garden bloomed with various plants from spring through fall. The Newbie Garden my hubby worked up for me, did great with firecracker colored zinnia, orange cosmo and red castor beans. The rains were perfect and not once did we see drought conditions as it was a steady job keeping all the grass mowed and things looking good, around here. I manged to host two different garden clubs with tours of my flower gardens. I have gathered a tremendous amount of seeds for future year(s) and for sharing and trading. Here are few pictures of things I really enjoyed that made 2016 a great gardening season for me.

This message was edited Nov 28, 2016 12:58 PM

This message was edited Nov 28, 2016 1:02 PM