Perennials: What\'s Blooming #3, 1 by brendak654

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright brendak654

In reply to: What\'s Blooming #3

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of What's Blooming #3
brendak654 wrote:

Gnome - Gomphrena - very pretty, I like that edging Birder. I grow the deep purple gomphrena and I think it could be cut back to be short. So it is good to know that there is a \"Gnome\". I also like that agastache - that is a new plant for me this year and it bloomed earlier, then when it was 100 degrees or close to it, it backed away from blooming and basically disappeared, but now back and blooming again. It is good to see that yours has done well all along.

Donna - Love those HJ windflowers. Those really look healthy. Such beauties!

I think I have more annual blooming now than perennials right now. Let me see what I can find with perennials - here are a few:

The first photo up us close to the house and there is a mix of both perennial and annual flowers. Perennials such as Autumn Joy Sedum (a favorite of mine), pink guara (bottom left corner), there is a little bit of blue Russian Sage to the back sticking its head up. Then there are the volunteer annual celosia (white & purple).

In the second photo, what I like the most is the yellow Hilanthus Augustafolia which I brought up from a visit to the sister-in-laws in Alabama. This same yellow plant is in the third picture way in the background behind all the annual zinnia & celosia.

Fourth photo is my Angel Trumpet that survived winter in the ground. So it acted as a perennial in a somewhat protected area (close to the septic). HUM~