Perennials: What\'s Blooming #3, 4 by DonnaMack

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: What\'s Blooming #3

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's Blooming #3
DonnaMack wrote:
Wow, Birder, I agree, that border is stunning. I had wondered about Gomphrena years ago when I was thinking of starting them from seed, as you did. After those pictures I have no more doubts, and they are in my plans for next year.

Anemone x hybrida \'Honorine Jobert\' has been in bloom since August. This is it today. Although a young plant, it has a lot of secondary buds. I got it as part of an order from Forest Farm, and although I almost killed it by planting it with exposure to walnut trees, it has come back. I had this plant before, but I don\'t remember it being in bloom this long.

Rose de Rescht. It won\'t stop blooming. I am so happy that I added two more to my original one. The color really stands out.

Just starting to bloom again is salvia viridis in blue. I grew the plants last year, they came back this year from seeds, and now the plants that bloomed this year are reblooming.

The beautiful plumes of miscanthis sinensis \'Morning Light\'. It is just about the last Japanese fountain grass to bloom. Worth waiting for.