Accessible Gardening: ...so what are you up to?, 1 by BetNC

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BetNC

In reply to: ...so what are you up to?

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of ...so what are you up to?
BetNC wrote:
Miss me, gang??? My knee replacement surgery wasn\'t as bad as I had feared,,Rehab place was fantastic!! I\'ve been home 3 days (still use pain pills daily but not \'round the clock like at first0. . . my gareden helper\'s mother (a friend) is a real god-send!! Brought me home, re-arrnged my lil apt so me&my walker could get around...comes every day, usually several times a day..her mother is my crioss-the-yrd neighbor and she comes to visit every day

I\'ve read and read and read this thread to cathch up, so can\'t remember which one of you said whatefver, so bear with me. . .
Grany\'s birthday bash was a huge success, judging by how much and long she grinned!! I made cupcakes (the size she likes..just right for eating in front of the TV and nthing thqat needs wqashing afterwards!!): apple caramel cupcakes with buttercream frosting - 6 per guest in disposible aluminum pans, with lids. I also made Granny\'s favorite Meyer lemon bars (2-3 per guest). Her neighbor/friend decorated the stair banister with balloons and I gave her a gift bag full of Granny\'s favorite chocolate bars etc to give Granny at the birthday blowout. Her nephew ande his ladyfriend gave her a solar-powered waving plant, book, helium balloon and a plant (wonder if it\'s still alive??) Finally, I gave her MY preasent, at our favorite ice cream place: an old-fashioned single-piece of metal ice cream scoop, a package of dozens of plastic disposable spoons, 4 dozen little plastic disposable bowls . . . . and 3.5 # tub of her favorite ice cream!! (her nephew used the brand-new short saw I had bojught to saw it in half, so it\'d fit in our freezers, , , ,she put half in her freezer the next day and stored the other half in my freezer) Remember I said she liked eating in her recliner, in front of the TV, and using stuff she could just throw in the trash can next to her, with no dishes to wash??? In aboiut two weeks, she had eaten ALL 3.5# of ice cream!!!

I speak several lnguages (espec9ally typo-ese! lol) I can tell you firat hand that bad words are the first words learned in any new lnguage (afterall, gottqa know what NOT to say. . right??) Occassionally when I can\'t stop myself, I\'ll run through different languages in a string of colorful profanities..but I\'ve found it prudent to THINK badnwords...I could nevere be sur3e someone else didn\'t also speak that languqage

I have a Geranium \"Dragon\'s Heart\". . . the 1st year, it had. one straggly vine with one flower..come winter, the plant died back to nothing. This spring (its 2nd year with me) it surprised me and came back, but as an up-right plant with five separqte stalks with leaves, all arising from the same place in the griound: and with NO flowers. How long will it take before its a magnificent flowering bush?? (this year, it was only about 5-6 inches tall.)

I\'ve also bookmarked alot of sites with info on winter sowing, but haven\'t read any yet. I in tend to winter sow Geum \"Mrs. J. Bradshaw\", hopefully in late Nov. Now while I\'m taking it easy would seem to be just the right time to read up on HOW and to find the seeds. (These seedlings will be transplanted in to my smallest garden, surrounded by already-established grape hyacinth. . .muscarii armenicum)

If I do this right, here\'s a group picture taken at Granny\'s birthday bash. .