Accessible Gardening: ...so what are you up to?, 5 by Agavegirl1

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: ...so what are you up to?

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of ...so what are you up to?
Agavegirl1 wrote:
Some really cool cacti in the garden. The fading sun and the heels were not conductive for going up and down the \'rock\' steps and wandering around the winding flagstone paths. Next time we go it will be for drinks and appetizers and flats...so I can explore in earnest!

Cacti, some kind of organ pipe well over 100 years.

A very, very, very rare and unusual tree. There are only 54 in AZ and this guy has 4 of them. They came with the property. Age unknown. Owner said the botanical gardens have been pestering him for them and some guy with his own garden and extensive collection offered him $50K for each one!!!

Bizarre tree again and some lovely Ferocacti starting to bloom in front. Those Ferocacti take forever to grow and reach that size. Approximately 60+ years old.

Just a hodge-podge of plants. Wonderful Trichocereus that have been left to their own devices to snake and crawl along. Some pole cacti and a few others I do not know and couldn\'t travel around the path to see.

This is also a very, very, very rare and unusual plant. I was fortunate to see it in bloom. Only problem with this little \'gem\' is that the flower smells like rotting meat and attracts flies. Ewwwwwww! That is how it gets pollinated. Ewwwwwwww. But the plant is worth a fortune. One man\'s junk is another\'s treasure I guess.

Few more photos to go.