Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Agavegirl1

In reply to: ...so what are you up to?

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of ...so what are you up to?
Agavegirl1 wrote:
Hi gang,
Been thinking about you all. Doing a little better hair wise *sigh*. Now it is only shedding when I wash and just breaking in small pieces every two days instead of every day. Improvement I guess. Living off of water, yogurt, French fries, popcorn and chili and pineapple. Seems to be working for my hair even if it isn\'t making my butt any smaller. LOL I\'m hoping another month or two of this detoxing will stop the hair chaos.

Now I have a cold or some such bug. What evvvvver. Aside from that doing a.o.k. in mind, body and spirit.

Dave\'s b-day was nice. Nothing fancy. Just a few friends, food, and wine. Good time socializing for all.

I now have my bathroom all unto myself once again. YIPPEE!!! Everything is finished. Sooooo happy. Dave and I did a pretty good job even if I do say so myself. No more tiling for quite awhile. We had plenty of extra tile left over. I suggested we take it back. Dave suggested we keep it, pick up a few more boxes and do the laundry room whenever. So we went with that.

Uh....I nicely told Dearest Dave to remember that \'whenever\' gets here and he starts having PTS and flashbacks from tiling the living room and bathrooms that tiling the laundry room was his idea...not mine!

Fall foliage pictures always appreciated. :D Would be nice to see something not the color \'brown\'. Japanese Maples......oooooh! One of my true favorites.

Sounds like everyone is going gangbusters still with their planting and garden plans for next year. Looking good.

Jim, glad Nadi is taking on the food plants. That\'s a job I would enjoy since I love to cook. Hopefully she is always seeking to add to that amazing repertoire of edible goodies. Figs sound great. Could probably find something to do with them. Thing I have a fig, gorgonzola cheese and poached pear desert recipe floating around.

Carrie...the MG\'s sound wonderful despite their invasiveness. Beautiful trellis plant and can create a privacy screen where none existed before. I always enjoyed them. About the closest we have here are Bougainvillea. If you don\'t tie them up they go rampant and not in a good way.

My latest gardening projects has been limited to fighting a mini ant invasion. Grrrrrr. Amdro took care of that. Great product. Works!

Other thing I\'ve been doing has been picking up the last of what will be in my yard for the next spring. Right now I am housing them in pots temporarily and letting them winter nice and cozy in those.

Hate giving BB stores a plug but Lowe\'s had some ultra fabulous sales on those gorgeous ceramic frost resistant pots. Nice middle size that typically ranges from $34-$45 selling at $12.98-$9.98. Needless to say grabbed two of those.

Also had an unbelievable plant sale. Found a 3.75 gallon Agave parryi at half price. It had 3 pups so I separated them and gave them their own home. Also grabbed a barrel for $8.00---gasp! This barrel is 2 times larger than the ones I have and that are already a year old and cost double the price. Needless to say I couldn\'t pass up either.

So...here\'s my new kids and their new homes.

Pic #1) I already had the super big red pot that \'mom\' A. parryi is in. Pup is in smaller red pot with the ripples. That pot was a whole $9.98. YIPPEE

Pic #2 and #3) Told you it was an unbelievable price for an unbelievable plant! What a PIA getting it out of the pot and separating that mess. Plant for all intents and purposes should have been in a 5-6 gallon pot!

Pic 4) New barrel and new pot. Love the pot. Paid a whole $13.00 for it.

Pic 5) Barrel in new home nestled between a p.pear (1/2 of one I have in front . Decided to divide it and start a new p.pear in this pot.) and the Agave Funkiana v. \'Fatal Attraction\' on the right.

AND YES.......still know I owe you some Eve\'s Needles. *sigh* .
Tile is done. Hair is falling out less. The cold I have won\'t last forever. I promis when you least expect it Jim...IT WILL show up on your door.

And Carrie...the A. funkiana in the pic below was the plant with the pups I gave that hysterectomy to awhile ago. Keep watching it as it is alive, well but in \'resting phase\'. The moment it starts becoming a little pup machine again I WILL send you a few.

Peace. Out.
TTC