Hybridizers: And so it begins..., 3 by pmmGarak

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pmmGarak

In reply to: And so it begins...

Forum: Hybridizers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of And so it begins...
pmmGarak wrote:
My Tigridias are at full bloom now. in the first few days, all of them were pale yellows, and I already feared this was all I got, But then the first thing I didn't have in my originals showed up this week: An intense yellow one with more narrow and more acute petals (pic 1, in comparison to the pale yellow one). Not a big step, but I actually like that style - plus I think it can more easily cope with a little bit of rain. Definitely allowing that one to set seeds.
And then there was yesterday, when I was greeted both by a pale yellow perfect quad on my seedlings and a "2+ 2*(2/3)" on my original bought bulbs. Now I do know that quads are not fully governed by genetics, but an increased chance for them still is a nice little goal for selection. I hope the cross took, because they were only opening up when I had to leave, as I had an appointment to decorate our truck for the Stuttgart pride parade. Two freaks on pride parade day. Sometimes it is hard to believe in chance ;-)

My Tigridia Vanhouttei looks like it will start to bloom in the next few days. I Know inter-specifics are difficult in Tigridia, but you never know...

This message was edited Jul 31, 2016 6:47 AM