Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners, 1 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of #21 Practical Matters for Phsically Challenged Gardeners
Amargia wrote:
I was demoted from management to labor when I became functionally deaf/blind. It is humbling, but peaceful down here in the trenches. Jim handles all that stress. I provide relaxation massages and make sure we have Pepto Bismol in the medicine cabinet.
Humble Pie is a little bitter, but not poisonous. Life has served it to me on occasion. Ray will survive eating it.
ROFL. You made our day with that link, Carrie. His song \"I\'m My Own Grandpa\" was good too.
I have a mild case of zone envy. The panicle hydrangeas like \'QuickFire\' dislike our heat and the more unusual flower colors seem to come from H. Paniculum. I noticed there is now a \'Little QuickFire\' available implying you are not the only one who had some problems fitting the original into a suburban landscape.

The hydrangeas at the Dothan Area Botanical Garden must receive a healthy dose of aluminum sulfate to get such blues.
We would appreciate the share, TTC, if you do not mind our experimenting with Eve\'s Pin. We are a zone cooler than you and if that is the cacti I think it is, it can get Too large to safely move in and out of the greenhouse. We could try using the method we use on tropical hibiscus. That is rooting cuttings in the Fall and wintering those in the greenhouse leaving the large mother plant in a sheltered location to survive if it can. We are only half a zone north of the plant\'s assumed cold hardiness limit. The plant in question may not read gardening books and know it is too cold here to winter outside. I know Eve\'s Needle is said to be fast growing by cacti standards, but do you believe it would grow fast enough for that growing method?
I\'ll trade you some lemon cucumbers for some of those tomatoes, Bets. I like cucumber sandwiches, but miss tomato sandwiches. I could theoretically make a lumpy BLT with \'Sweet 100\' tomatoes, but....
Don\'t be a stranger, Sheri. A love for gardens and nature does not disappear when the body is not able to do the actual work. In a few years I imagine myself doing things like \"planting\" silk flowers in pretty ceramic pots and spraying their faux petals with the appropriate essential oils and haunting gardening websites where I can be an old smarty plants. The crazy old cat lady is overdone. I am going for grumpy garden granny.
k*
--lemon cucumbers
--FENNY!!! I did not notice what she had done until the concrete hardened.