Communities > Forums

Image Copyright brendak654

In reply to: It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 6

Forum: Hybridizers

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of It can be fun to breed your own zinnias - Part 6
brendak654 wrote:
ZM

Most interesting specimen. Thanks for sharing. Keep up you great work (well some people would call it work). Such a pleasure for me to work with the zinnia. Yes, you do such intricate work with the zinnia and you are right I am not near that intricate with mine. Though - all the thousands of zinnia blooms I grow, I feel like I see every single bloom and always have my eye open for some something spectacular.

Here are some of the prettiest of my first bloomers this year - took photos this morn - It is good to be sharing zinnia photos again. Thanks for introducing me to the scabiosa type zinnia. These were my 2015 saved seed - the results of what I had worked with last year. These are quickly becoming a favorite.

To clarify - when I talked about deadheading - I was only taking the bloom away from the plant. Not quite ready (but probably will) pull some of the entire plants out. OUCH!

The last photo is my hubby tilling my Wetland Garden where the largest number of my zinnia will be planted. He just told me it is \"Ready to Plant\". Oh boy!